Thursday, July 7, 2011

Undecorate

My copy of 'Undecorate: The No-Rules Approach to Interior Design' by Christiane Lemieux, founder of Dwell Studio the brand of exquisite home furnishing has finally arrived. It took nearly a month to get to me after I ordered it over Amazon but it was worth the wait.


Undecorate inspires people to follow through with their own sense of style and stay true to it even if it breaks all the design rules. The book shows real homes of people who have boldly stuck to their unique eclectic style and some have outrightedly blown the 'matchy matchy' decorator rule to bits with the affirmation that there's no right or wrong when it comes to decorating.
Free yourself from traditional interior design rules and trends

This seems to be quite matchy to me but if the Queen of Undecorate says it's not, then it's not

When I first came across the book, I was ecstatic as it's a form of validation for my personal way of decorating. If there was a professional interior decorator's assessment that my home had to go through, I would have flopped with a capital F. My home has disobeyed all the rules simply because I couldn't stick to a single theme. Whilst I love mid-century furniture, there is also a modernist in me that loves clean lines, industrial edge and abstract art.

I'm not alone with my mixed, fusion, eclectic style. As observed by Christiane, more and more home owners are taking the reigns of decorating into their own hands and trading in stuffy impersonal designs by professional decorators for a look that they can call their own.

As for me and my family, somehow in our own unprofessional undecorated way, everything has come together beautifully, at least we think so and isn't that what matters most?

"Live with what you love," says Christiane Lemieux. I couldn't agree with her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...